Risk Warning: To complete this event participants would need to walk/run approximately 13.6 kilometres for the long course and approximately 7 kilometres for the short course. This event is physically demanding. It is a recreational activity that could involve risk of impairment of a participant’s physical condition or could potentially aggravate a pre-existing illness or injury. If you suffer or have previously suffered from a personal illness or injury, you must seek medical advice before registering and participating in this event. Participants must ensure they will exercise precaution and safety for themselves and others at all times during the event. Greenacres advise all participants to seek a pre-medical assessment before participating.
I declare that:
- This is an agreement between Greenacres Disability Services ABN: 93001157688 and the person or legal guardian whose name, address and details appear on the attached enrolment form. I acknowledge that as a condition of participating in this event that I do so at my own risk. By ticking the box provided on the enrolment form, I understand all information I have provided is correct and honest.
- I therefore accept all risks and hereby indemnify and release Greenacres Disability Services, all Emergency Services, Wollongong City Council, treating medical and paramedical practitioners, volunteer First Aid officers, event sponsors and contractors, together with their respective employees, agents, representatives, volunteers and officers, from and against any claims, losses or costs however caused and arising out of my participation in the event, including any personal injury, death or property damage suffered by me or caused to another person by me in the course of my participation in the event.
- I understand that all children under the age of 13 participating the event must be under the supervision of a legal guardian at all-times. As being identified as a child’s legal guardian in the enrolment form, I acknowledge my responsibility to accompany and ensure the safety of the enrolled child at all times.
- I understand that due to the steep inclines and declines on the route the use of baby carriers, baby backpacks, baby slings, prams, strollers or similar devices is prohibited while participating in the event. This request is based on identified hazards and the seriousness of risk that children will be exposed to.
- I am not aware of any medical condition or injury or impairment that will be detrimental to my health or a child under my supervision’s health while participating in this event. I acknowledge the above risk warning and I have not been advised by a qualified medical practitioner not to participate in any physical demanding activity. If I am aware of or become aware of any medical condition, injury or impairment which is of risk to my health, either prior to or during the event, I will withdraw from or discontinue my participation in the event immediately, If I fail to discontinue my participation in the event I assume the risk and responsibility for any injury, death, impairment or illness sustained due to my actions.
- I acknowledge and agree that situations may arise during the event, which may be beyond the immediate control of officials and the organisers, if such an event shall occur I will continue to participate in a manner that does not endanger either myself or others. I will adhere to any advice and instruction provided from officials, organisers, emergency services that is given in good faith in regards to my safety.
- I accept that Greenacres Disability Services will endeavour to provide free bus transport during designated times and from advised locations only, back to Edmund Rice College. I also acknowledge that dogs are not permitted on the free bus transport.
- I acknowledge and accept that only the first 600 registered participants will be provided with a free singlet as advertised. I accept if my selected singlet size is not available, I will be allocated the next available size without consultation from Greenacres. I also accept and acknowledge that in the event that I do not pick up my event pack within 2 weeks of the completion of the event or, if the event pack was mailed to me and was returned to Greenacres as an unclaimed package that Greenacres can dispose of the event pack including the free singlet.
- In the event that Greenacres, or a contractor to Greenacres operates a service to transport personal belongings from the start to the finish line, I acknowledge and agree that Greenacres or our contractor is not responsible for any lost or damaged items.
- I acknowledge and agree to comply with the rules, regulations and instructions relating to the event.
- I acknowledge and accept entry cannot be transferred to another entrant or a refund provided if I am unable to participate in the event for any given reason. In the event of any ‘act of God’ conditions causing a cancellation of the event, my total entry fee remains non-transferable however; participants will be able to take part in the rescheduled event.
- I authorise my name, voice, picture and information on this entry form including children to be used by organisers and sponsors without payment to me in any broadcast, telecast, promotion, advertising, or any other way pursuant to the privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act) to promote this event and any other future Greenacres events. Further information can be found in the privacy statement on our website: www.greenacres.net.au
- I consent and authorise my name and contact details as provided on my enrolment form to be used by Greenacres to provide myself with information regarding future Greenacres events, fundraising and campaigns. Further information can be found in the privacy statement on our website: www.greenacres.net.au
- I consent to receiving medical treatment, before, during or immediately after the event if I am unable to provide consent at such time treatment is deemed to be required. I acknowledge and agree all medical treatment provided and transport to a medical facility will be at my own expense.
- This agreement is governed by the law of NSW.
I certify that I am 18 years of age or older and have read this document and fully understand it, or as a legal guardian of a participant I agree to the above for myself and on behalf of the named child. I agree to abide by these conditions and any other reasonable conditions as directed by Greenacres Disability Services.